The Hardcore League has taken its first steps into EA’s newest game known as Apex Legends by Respawn Entertainment. The Apex Legends Invitational will be a tournament hosted for all platforms using a similar rulebook to that used at Twitch Rivals on February 12th. Eight teams will battle it out for four hours in the hopes of gathering the highest amount of points possible.
The Apex Invitational will follow a similar format to that of Twitch Rivals.
- 8 Teams will participate per platform (PS4, Xbox One, and PC).
- Teams will play for a time period of 4 hours with the goal of achieving the highest point-count before time runs out.
- 1 Point will be awarded for each kill and 5 Points per win.
- Any suicides or leaving a match early is -10 Points.
- Teams must leave ending scoreboard up for 30 seconds after a round.
- The team with the highest overall point-count at the end of the time limit will win the event.
Make sure to tune in and watch all the platforms battle it out at the Hardcore League Twitch!
February 23rd- Xbox One
February 24th- PS4
March 2nd- PC
There is a list of requirements that teams must comply to participate in the Apex Invitational. They will be listed below, but if you have any questions feel free to contact any Hardcore League Staff.
- Each team must have at least one streamer.
- Streamer must record the event at a minimum of 720p.
- Streamer must begin his recording 20 minutes prior to the tournament starting.
- All Team Representatives must attend the pre-event meeting 30 minutes prior to the start. Falling to make the meeting might result in your team being removed for a team in the waiting list.
A Step in the Right Direction
The Hardcore League is always doing its best to provide for the community. With the recent success of Apex Legends, it is a step in the right direction to have an Apex Invitational. It will be interesting to see how many Hardcore League veterans participate, but most importantly, will this event be dominated by Hardcore League veterans or will the new guys step up to the challenge?
Featured Image courtesy of Hardcore League